All year levels have one Japanese lesson per week with a specialist teacher.
By the end of Year 6, your child will be able to:
- Greet a variety of people in different ways
- Introduce themselves and describe who they are in some detail
- Ask and answer how they are feeling
- Name members of their family, including some of their extended family
- Describe the weather
- Count from one to 100
- Name the main body parts, objects found in the classroom and various colours
- Discuss farm, domestic and zoo animals
- Name lots of foods in Japanese and describe their likes and dislikes
- Identify the time of day, days of the week, months of the year and seasons
- Ask and answer simple, interactive questions
- Describe aspects of Japanese cultures, features and geography of Japan.
It's an exciting time for our young Japanese students.